Re: Transposing words over middle words

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Transposing words over middle words
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 17:11:57 +0000

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> One must move to the beginning of one word,
> set the mark, move to the beginning of the other word, M-0 M-t or
> C-u 0 ESC t if I can't make the meta work on that keyboard.

As a sidenote....

Let's say you have a keyboard where meta is awkward.  You don't need to
use "C-u 0" you can use just "C-0".  By default "C-u 0", "C-0" and "M-0" all do
the same thing.  Also, you can use "C-[" instead of ESC, which is often
easier on laptop keyboard with small ESC keys.  If I were on a keyboard
with a tricky meta key I would type "C-0 C-[ t".

BR,
Robert Thorpe