Re: Did `inline' used to do something else?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Did `inline' used to do something else?
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 16:01:27 +0100

Joost Kremers wrote:

> So, long story short, even though `inline' is
> presented as an alias for `progn', it's
> handled differently by the byte compiler,
> presumably to deal with
> performance bottlenecks.

?!

It works like that?

I thought an alias was always and only an alias
and nothing more. But here you are saying it is
an alias only with respect to the user, not WRT
the byte-compiler?

Wow!

We probably meed to find the source for the
byte compiler to see how and when it acts upon
"inline"!

PS. Good work! DS.

--
underground experts united