RE: return first element in list with certain property

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: return first element in list with certain property
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 12:47:51 -0800 (PST)

> > So yes, not choosing to use `cl-find' in your
> > Emacs-Lisp code just because it traverses the
> > list twice is silly and is most likely
> > premature optimization.
>
> So yes, you are silly.

I didn't choose not to use `cl-find'.  Did you?
For that reason alone ("just because")?

FWIW, I tend to use just the catch-throw idiom,
partly because some of my code supports also
Emacs versions that predate `cl-lib.el'.

But I don't think I have any code that searches
long enough lists that such performance
considerations would be worthwhile.