Re: package: iPhone behavior insert . After a word and twice space

From: Hi-Angel
Subject: Re: package: iPhone behavior insert . After a word and twice space
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 07:56:55 +0300

On 27 November 2017 at 02:21, Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> wrote:
> Hi-Angel wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I think the proper solution would be to
>> make it working rather in an IM, e.g. ibus or
>> fcitx, or whatever.
>
> Not necessarily! To implement this in Emacs
> only is as much a proper solution.
>
> First, it happens that people move their work
> to Emacs one application at a time until they
> basically use Emacs all day long. This is
> natural since they become more comfortable and
> discover mor and more of it.

You're right. But not everyone can move everything to Emacs. There are
specialized
applications; and sometimes it's just not worth the effort. E.g. I am
using a mail
client application — I do not spend much time there, whereas proper
Emacs-solution
would require lots of time to make sure of proper html-rendering. Claws-mail
e.g. can't — and it is a pure mail-client app. For typing mails I
usually just use
external editor.

> An example is precisely the keys. I know how to
> set them up in Emacs, the Linux VTs (ttys or
> the console), and in X, and way back, tho
> I have forgot how I did it, I managed to get
> Emacs-like cursor movement in zsh.

Yeah, in fact readline library is using those keys. Just install
oh-my-zsh — they have
them configured by default.