Re: Gnus: Thread notes?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Gnus: Thread notes?
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 08:44:11 +0100

> > FWIW, I would even find it acceptable if Gnorb would just silently
> > tick the relevant messages.  It's easy enough to untick them again,
> > and maybe the need to do that explicitly would integrate well with
> > people's work flow.  The idea is that messages you have operated on
> > with Gnorb are all important.
>
> I'd be annoyed by that behavior, but I can provide a customization
> option that will do it. I still like the idea of the Gnorb-specific
> limit function, though.

If you would get it all work conveniently without the need of background
ticking, it would be better and nicer, yes.

> This has been a multi-year headache. Right now I'm checking the value of
> `gnus-server-method-cache', and I don't know why your server isn't added
> to that. I'll add an explicit check for `gnus-secondary-select-methods',
> too.

I don't know, since I don't know the purpose of this cache.

If I replace that test so that it returns "my-gnorb-server" (hardcoded),
C-c v works, so it's indeed the wrong test.  I guess you could instead
check `gnus-server-alist'?

Regards,

Michael.