Re: How to use \subsetneqq in Org-mode?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: How to use \subsetneqq in Org-mode?
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2017 03:49:46 +0000

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 9:56 PM Alexis <flexibeast@gmail.com> wrote:

> \subsetneqq is a TeX command, not something that's part of Org.

Try emailing emacs-orgmode@gnu.org and see if this is something that can be
added to Org entities. I have seen that Org entities includes many of the
LaTeX supported symbols with the same syntax for many cases.

You can do M-x org-entities-help and see the symbols currently supported.

> add
> that symbol, which i believe is Unicode SUBSET OF ABOVE NOT EQUAL
> TO,
> you can either enter it directly into a buffer by typing:
>
>     C-x 8 RET SUBSET OF ABOVE NOT EQUAL TO
>
> or by typing:
>
>     &#x2ACB;
>
> which is an HTML character entity referring to that character.

That's another way :)

Just to add a bit more to that.. if you are able to copy the symbol from
somewhere to emacs and you want to know what it's called (like, SUBSET OF
ABOVE NOT EQUAL TO in this case), put the cursor on that symbol and do C-u
C-x =.
--

Kaushal Modi