Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (mult

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (multiple) pictures to be included
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 19:04:23 +0000

On Tuesday,  5 Dec 2017 at 14:32, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Eric S Fraga wrote:

[...]

>> I am indeed selective with whom I share my
>> cup... but, in any case, the point is that
>> not only can I share the org file with
>> somebody I am collaborating with, I can also
>> export to PDF and HTML from the same
>> document. Two birds, one stone!
>
> Right, if that indeed produces PDF and HTML one
> is happy with - so it will not be a half-baked
> compromise - granted, it makes sense.

Yes, the PDF and HTML, out of the box, is decent.  For very specific
formatting aspects, there is a straightforward mechanism for escaping to
a specific target, e.g. LaTeX with
@@latex:\myspeciallatexcommand{arg1,arg2}@@ inline.

For me, the combination of an authoring tool with integrated project
management tools wins the day.  But also the lightweight nature of the
markup making it so easy to write beamer presentations is a bonus.

But, YMMV, of course.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, org 9.1.3