Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (mult

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (multiple) pictures to be included
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 02:37:46 +0100

Rusi wrote:

> 2. Once the neatness and elegance of pure
> text with folding and structure- editing
> caught on all sorts of stuff started getting
> added — tags, tables, TODOs, timestamps,
> exports, literate programming etc etc — all
> in pure text.

So yes, it is a word processor and/or a plain
text markup scheme. They sound contradictory
entities to me but perhaps that can/has be
solved somehow? Whyever anyone would want to do
that...

> 4. Lisp! Lisp as a programming language is of
> minor significance

?

Lisp is the Pythagorean theorem of programming.
It is the oldest of programming languages still
in use save for perhaps Fortran which cannot be
compared to Lisp, obviously.

    Fortran  1957  Formula Translation
    Lisp     1958  CL 1984, Elisp 1985; "list processing language"
    Cobol    1959  Common business-oriented language

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573