Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (mult

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (multiple) pictures to be included
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 03:06:32 +0100

Let's approach this "Emacs text buffer + shell
tools vs. Org mode" in another way.

Currently, my computer project is to produce
drawings over the area where I'm active.
So far, I have one ASCII drawing and one
drawing with pic(1). The pic drawing is far
from done so the proportions of the houses etc
are all wrong, and there are many things left
to put in the drawing anyway.

But as for this little experiment, this is
actually good! Because

    1) this project is very low-tech,
       a simpleton could do it, so any piece of
       development technology should be able to
       approach it; and

    2) it isn't done, by far, so everything
       that is proposed can actually be tested
       in the wild right this instant.

So my question is: how can I use Org mode to do
it? (My method I'm already aware of,
thank you.)

Here is the material - house wall ASCII drawing:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/moasen/big-house-back.txt

pic drawing, with pic data, Makefile, and PS
and PDF result files:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/moasen/drawing/

--
underground experts united