Re: make xref--show-location reuse current window

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: make xref--show-location reuse current window
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 11:52:10 -0800

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> wrote:
> I could perhaps offer better help, if I had
> that function to begin with. But I don't and
> I have nothing xref- at all actually. What is
> it and how did you get it?

xref.el was added in Emacs 25.1. From NEWS:

** New package Xref replaces Etags's front-end and UI.

The new package Xref provides a generic framework and new commands to
find and move to definitions of functions, macros, data structures
etc., as well as go back to the location where you were before moving
to a definition.  It supersedes and obsoletes many Etags commands,
while still using the etags.el code that reads the TAGS tables as one
of its back-ends.

        John