Re: Gnus and emails sent by me

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Gnus and emails sent by me
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 21:04:52 -0500

> Narendra Joshi wrote:
>
>> 1. How to have messages sent by me shown in
>> threads? For example, my replies to emails in
>> mailing lists are not shown in the thread
>> even after I do 'A T'
>> (gnus-summary-refer-thread) on the thread.

You might be interested in C-u A T, which works well with the nnimap
backend which you seem to be using. The non-numeric prefix (C-u) makes
it search through all the groups (which you want if you need it to show
your sent emails which are typically stored in another group).

>From the documentation (C-h k A T):

    (gnus-summary-refer-thread &optional LIMIT)

    Fetch all articles in the current thread. For backends that
    know how to search for threads (currently only ’nnimap) a
    non-numeric prefix arg will use nnir to search the entire
    server; without a prefix arg only the current group is
    searched.
    [...]

HTH!

Maxim