Re: Is there somebody still using arduino-mode?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Is there somebody still using arduino-mode?
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 20:18:25 +0000 (UTC)

Hello, Stardiviner.

stardiviner <numbchild@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found arduino-mode and using it for a few days. But got some errors.

> I found there are some issues on GitHub for a long time. and this repo
> on GitHub is not been updated for a long time. I emailed the maintainer.
> But he is not responding. And I check out some forks on GitHub of the
> original repo. I'm using the forwardest fork "mavit/arduino-mode" and
> "https://github.com/bwachter/arduino-mode";.

> ```

> (use-package arduino-mode
> ? :quelpa (arduino-mode :fetcher github :repo "mavit/arduino-mode")
> ? :bind (:map arduino-mode-map
> ????????????? ("C-c C-c" . arduino-upload))
> ? :config
> ? (setq arduino-font-lock-extra-types t)
> ? )

> ```

> I got this error:

> ```

> Eval error in the ‘c-lang-defvar’ or ‘c-lang-setvar’ for ‘c-known-type-key’
> (fallback source eval - arduino-mode compiled with CC Mode 5.33 but
> loaded with
> 5.33.1): (wrong-type-argument sequencep t)
> ```

> Hope someone can fix it. Because I'm not using the original repo and
> using a fork instead. So I don't mind use someone's fork.

Let me guess, you are using a recent emacs-26 pre-release version.  (The
CC Mode version number was updated to 5.33.1 a small number of weeks
ago).

I would recommend you to recompile arduino-mode in the Emacs you're
going to be running it under.  That should solve the version mismatch
error.

As for the main error, somebody (?yourself) is setting
arduino-font-lock-extra-types to t.  Almost certainly (I haven't looked
at arduino-mode's source), arduino-font-lock-extra-types needs to be a
list of, basically, arduino source identifiers[*] which should be
fontified as though they were types.  t here is not OK.  nil, (the empty
list), would be OK.

Again, almost certainly, arduino-font-lock-extra-types will have been
modelled on c-font-lock-extra-types, which can be found in
emacs/lisp/progmodes/cc-vars.c around line 1554.

[*] More precisely, this is a list of regular expressions which match
these pseudo types.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).