Re: web design

From: Kendall Shaw
Subject: Re: web design
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 06:55:22 -0800

On 01/02/2018 08:39 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Kendall Shaw wrote:

I haven't seen people editing html files very
often in a long time.
Well, you haven't missed anything :)

what people edit is a template that is bound
to javascript, ultimately. Styles (CSS) are
compiled from something like less or sass,
Javascript is compiled from something like
clojurescript, typescript or newer javascript
compiled into compatiable javascript. HTML is
compiled from the templates.
OK, then I don't know any tools either, except
for Org mode which I don't use personally but
was demonstrated to me not long ago and was
said could produce PDFs as well as HTML and
many other formats.

There are also a couple of shell tools that end
with "2html".

My point was, the "gnu tools" are emacs. Together with that, a web browser + the web framework of your choice and eventually a web server. There is no editing html files or using x2html command, because the web framework defines how you create the web applications, and editing html or using x2html commands would conflict with the web framework.

Kendall