Re: DWIM region (was: Re: count regexp hits)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: DWIM region (was: Re: count regexp hits)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 21:57:20 +0100

Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> 1. Lack of space after `let*'.

This is so one can change `let' into `let*' and
back without moving anything else.

Personally, I wouldn't mind just one "let"
which would be equal to `let*', as legend has
it the supposed parallelism of `let' is an
urban legend, however now when it is like it is
it would be confusing (to other people) to
always use `let*' when there is no reason to,
even tho there is equally little/as much reason
to use plain `let'...

> 2. Unnecessary space before `))` (twice).

This style I got from this book:

    @book{land-of-lisp,
      author     = {Conrad Barski},
      ISBN       = 1593272812,
      publisher  = {No Starch},
      title      = {Land of Lisp},
      year       = 2010
    }

It was one of the first books on Lisp that
I read and I think the only one I completed.
I've heard CL people don't like that style.
But now that I say it I actually don't remember
what dialect was used in the book. For sure it
wasn't Elisp.

> 3. Unnecessary double spaces in lines with
> `start' and `end' (I understand their
> purpose, but my OCD does not like them
> anyway).

That's known as indentation. If it looks
strange to anyone, perhaps it is time to stop
using Comic Sans MS as the default font...?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573