Re: Function write-region resets idle time

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: Function write-region resets idle time
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 21:45:08 +0100

>> I certainly find it surprising that write-region does something else
>> as all other functions with idle time.
>
> Agreed.  But Emacs users can't do much about it.
> Please M-x report-emacs-bug instead.

OK, I will do that.

Just to show how strange it is, I share what I found in my further
examination.

When calling emacs with --no-init-file there is no problem with
write-region. After some prodding I found that write-region goes wrong
as soon as I use one or both of the following in my .emacs:
    (desktop-save-mode 1)
    (global-auto-revert-mode 1)

--
Cecil Westerhof