Re: info-find-source

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: info-find-source
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 03:43:38 +0000

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

> The speed I've mentioned isn't the speed it
> takes to execute a command, it the the general
> speed of access, the human-computer interface
> if you will, which again per definition (unless
> your cognitive "humanity" differs from mine),
> this will be much, much faster with text
> because I edit text and code every day, using
> the same functions and finger-habits, and no
> matter how fluent an info user I'll ever be, it
> could never, ever match that.

I don't understand what you mean.  I usually don't understand what you
mean in these type of situations.

Info has it's own keybindings.  That can be a little tricky, since "s"
is the normal way to search rather than "C-s" or "M-s".  You can rebind
these functions though.

> Also, how does info look to you guys? To me, it
> looks like this:
>
>     http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/pics/info.png

If you use Emacs in a GUI environment then there is more markup.  Some
things are in bold and some are in larger fonts.  I generally think this
is useful, but opinions differ.

BR,
Robert Thorpe