RE: info-find-source

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: info-find-source
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 08:31:43 -0800 (PST)

> Ahh... the "lost in cyberspace" syndrome...
>
> Perhaps some kind of visual orientation help
> (akin to some breadcrumbs) might help there?

I added breadcrumbs to `info+.el' in 2008.
I added it to vanilla Emacs in Emacs 23.

In Info+ you can have breadcrumbs near the top
of the buffer (as in vanilla Emacs) or on the
mode-line (or both).  The former is via option
`Info-breadcrumbs-in-header-flag'.  The latter is
via minor mode `Info-breadcrumbs-in-mode-line-mode'.

In both cases, you can click any segment of the
breadcrumbs to go directly to that node.

Breadcrumbs give you a structural orientation.
And `L' gives you a chronological orientation,
with direct access to any part of that history
(just as breadcrumbs give you direct access to
any part of the structure above you.)