Re: An article about Emacs for TUGboat

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: An article about Emacs for TUGboat
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 07:57:26 +0100

On 2018-02-11, at 00:27, Jean-Christophe Helary
<jean.christophe.helary@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Feb 11, 2018, at 4:47, Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl> wrote:
>>
>> My idea is to first explain the
>> basic concepts of Emacs, and then proceed to AUCTeX and various ways of
>> customizing Emacs.  I would be very glad if some more experienced Emacs
>> (and TeX) user could read my paper and suggest any enhancements.
>
> May I suggest that you put the introduction to Emacs in an annex at the end
> of the article? Or even, since there are tons of introductions to emacs
> concepts, why not refer to them instead of writing your own ?

Maybe you misunderstood me.  I do not want to put Yet Another Intro to
Emacs™ there.  I just want to explain (on, say, half a page) what Emacs
is and what are its core ideas, and introduce the language of buffers
and modes, so that the readers will know what I'm talking about later.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski