cscope-minor-mode not enabled for C in emacs 25

From: stefan . puiu
Subject: cscope-minor-mode not enabled for C in emacs 25
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 05:18:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've asked this also on Emacs stackexchange
(https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/38822/cscope-minor-mode-not-enabled-for-c-in-emacs-25),
 trying my luck here...

I'm using Emacs 25 on Ubuntu 16.04 and all is mostly well, except that there's
one difference between this version and 24 - on Emacs 24, any C/C++ file (*.c
or *.cpp) I would open, cscope-minor-mode would be enabled. This isn't the case
anymore on 25 (I've checked with 'C-h m'), so I have to type 'M-x
cscope-minor-mode' on each new file I open, which is quite annoying. I'm using
xcscope-el that ships with this version of Ubuntu (1.1-1, says dpkg output).
Any idea what could be happening here? A pointer to where to start looking
would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Stefan.