Re: Invalid face reference: nil [296 times]

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Invalid face reference: nil [296 times]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 17:16:42 +0100

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

> > I don’t known when it was printed. I didn’t see it in
> > minibuffer. Maybe there is a invalid face? Can the face name be
> > printed?  How to debug this?
>
> Check your init files for all references to "face", then look for
> anything in particular that looks suspicious...

You can also try to find out if these messages only appear when windows
whose buffers are in a certain mode are selected, so that you have a
hint where the problem could come from.

Besides that, AFAICT there is no straightforward way to debug this with
a debugger or so.  Bisecting your init file always works of course but
is not very effective.

Michael.