Re: ask for the value of several variables at once

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: ask for the value of several variables at once
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 21:24:26 +0100

Nick Dokos wrote:

> I don't know, but it does return a string,
> which I get in the echo area and in the
> *Messages* buffer. Try to paste the defun
> into your *scratch* buffer (make sure that it
> is in lisp-interaction mode), then evaluate
> it

(defun my-name-is-neo ()
  (interactive)
  1)

;; now try evaluating:
;;
;;     (my-name-is-neo)
;;
;; but then do
;;
;;     M-x my-name-is-neo RET   <silence>
;;
;; only this also shows it so perhaps the
;; interactive rule only "holds" sometimes :)
;;
;;     (call-interactively #'my-name-is-neo)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573