Re: ask for the value of several variables at once

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: ask for the value of several variables at once
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 10:26:42 +0100

>>> "Emanuel" == Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer wrote:
   >>> (defun my-ask-mail-yank () (interactive)
   >>> (mapconcat (lambda (sym) (format "%s: %s"
   >>> sym (symbol-value sym)))
   >>> '(sc-citation-leader
   >>> sc-reference-tag-string
   >>> message-yank-cited-prefix
   >>> message-yank-prefix) "\n"))
   >>
   >> Thanks, I just tried it out but it does not
   >> return anything neither in the minibuffer nor
   >> in the message buffer.
   >>
   >> What do I miss?

   > What is missing here is explicit output as it
   > only returns the correct answer, and for
   > interactive calls that doesn't show. Call it
   > from Elisp (evaluate the form) and you'll see.

Do you mean
(call-interactively 'my-ask-mail-yank)

That works nicely. Thanks

Just out of curiosity what is the advantage over Yuri's solution?

(defun my-ask-mail-yank ()
  (interactive)
  (message "sc-citation-leader %S
sc-reference-tag-string %S