Re: Any way to control which articles Gnus summary shows by default?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Any way to control which articles Gnus summary shows by default?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 01:17:01 +0200

Michael Heerdegen wrote:

> for example, I want to use registry custom
> marks to flag some articles "important" (M
> M i). When I enter a group, it would be nice
> if these important articles would be shown,
> because they are, well, important to me.
> I don't want to tick or set unread articles
> only to make them been shown by default.

Interesting but, isn't this exactly what
happens when you tick an article? So is there
some side-effect that is undesired for this
purpose or why don't you want to use it?

What do you mean by "set" article?

BTW `M M i' is undefined for me so maybe it is
a new feature in Emacs 25 or did you configure
that? Or just thought that is what you'd assign
to the new "important" mark? You do this with
`gnus-summary-mark'?

> [snipped code] will only fetch all those
> articles (I guess), but won't make them been
> shown by default.

If you indeed got it to work, how about adding
it to some hook/advice each time you enter
a group?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573