Re: Emacs and/or Lisp on Lego Mindstorms?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs and/or Lisp on Lego Mindstorms?
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2018 08:06:36 +0200

> As for the others, you seem to think this is
> a platform like any other. In theory,
> I suppose it is just another machine running
> Debian. But in practice, it isn't, and my
> experience with C shows this.

OK, when I compiled the shared library on the
docker image, it ended up in /usr/local/lib,
and then ldconfig(8) was executed, however that
wasn't available on the robot so the binary
couldn't find the shared library! Rats!

Instead, I manually put the lib into /usr/lib
and it worked. So I retract the statement that
this platform should be anything more difficult
than anything else, and a UNIX expert would
probably have spotted that instantly. And it
does feel good I'm on the same level as the
UNIX experts, only it takes a couple of
extra days!

Anyway I'll return to this topic when I'm ready
for Lisp. Perhaps THAT will be difficult! :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573