kill ring questions, #emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: kill ring questions, #emacs
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 06:06:15 +0200

I just posted this on #emacs but I don't see
why I can't post it here as well. They say in
the topic "No public logging! What happens in
#emacs stays in #emacs" but surely that doesn't
refer to 100% on-topic Q&As, right? (Or, for
that matter, the topic itself :))

<incal> hello, is there a setting to inhibit
        the kill ring from filling up with
        several back-to-back instances of the
        same string?

<incal> also why is the kill ring fontified?
        why not let that be determined by the
        mode/context of the new place, where it
        is yanked?

--