Re: splitting a window at point

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: splitting a window at point
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 20:42:16 -0400

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018 20:13:01 +0200
Tomas Nordin <tomasn@posteo.net> wrote:

> Freely interpreting the goal and not refraining from jumping around
> with point a bit, does the following do approximately what you want?

Why, yes, Tomas, it does, and rather better than I had in mind.  It
complains if the function is "too big to fit" (It says the window is
too small), but otherwise it very much does what I want.

I'm going to add it to my .emacs with your name on it, and give it
closer study when the mood arises.  Thanks again!

Regards,

--jkl