Re: problem with grep

From: Tomas Nordin
Subject: Re: problem with grep
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 19:51:14 +0200

Dan Espen <dan1espen@gmail.com> writes:

> "Stanke, Fred" <fstanke@nanometrics.com> writes:
>
>> I am not a unix guy, but I've come to depend on emacs after using it for
>> decades.
>>
>> I have a problem, grep does not work.  How do I fix it?
>> 'grep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>> operable program or batch file.
>
> When I had to use Windows, I found the path of least resistance was to

A lot of people use Git, also on Windows, typically the Git for Windows
installation. On Windows I have found the path of least resistance to be
to use the Gnu tools provided with the Git installation. There is some
talk about the file structure here:
https://superuser.com/questions/1053633/what-is-git-bash-for-windows-anyway#1053657