nXML mode indentation

From: N. Raghavendra
Subject: nXML mode indentation
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 19:08:36 +0530

I request help regarding indentation of text that is directly inside
elements in nXML mode.  Here is an example of the default indentation
provided by the mode:

----------
<para>Let us suppose that the noumena have nothing to do with necessity,
since knowledge of the Categories is a posteriori.  Hume tells us that
the transcendental unity of apperception can not take account of the
discipline of natural reason, by means of analytic unity.</para>
----------

All the lines in the element are indented to the same column.  I would
like to indent the above text as

----------
<para>Let us suppose that the noumena have nothing to do with
  necessity, since knowledge of the Categories is a posteriori.
  Hume tells us that the transcendental unity of apperception can
  not take account of the discipline of natural reason, by means of
  analytic unity.</para>

Here, every line in the element after the first is indented two columns
more than the first line.  (This is in fact the default indentation of
sgml mode, and psgml mode.)

Is there a way to achieve the second style of indentation in nXML mode?

Thanks,

Raghu.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu@hri.res.in>, http://www.retrotexts.net/