Re: nXML mode indentation

From: N. Raghavendra
Subject: Re: nXML mode indentation
Date: Tue, 08 May 2018 10:46:37 +0530

At 2018-05-08T04:55:35Z, Yuri Khan wrote:

> I have customized indentation in nXML for XHTML documents. The exact
> indentation rules I use are not relevant to your case but here’s how I
> activate it.
>
> See the documentation on ‘indent-line-function’ and the source of
> ‘nxml-indent-line’ for implementation details.
>
> (defun yk-xhtml-indent-line ()
>    "Indent the current line suitably for XHTML."
>    <my custom indentation rules>)

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I had thought of defining my own function which can then be used as
the value of `indent-line-function' in nXML mode.  However, I don't know
how to define `<my custom indentation rules>', so that they apply only
to text children of elements.

Do you have any suggestions on that?

Best regards,
Raghu.