Function to parse a "diff" command line to load both files into buffers

From: KARR, DAVID
Subject: Function to parse a "diff" command line to load both files into buffers and ediff them
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 17:15:44 +0000

Quite often I find myself in a situation where I have a "diff" command that was
run in a shell buffer, and I want to "transfer" that into ediff, by simply
ediff to compare them.  I could probably do this with a keyboard macro, but
this just seems like something that someone must have thought of doing before.
I tried paging through the many functions that begin with "ediff-", but I
didn't see anything that sounds like what I describe.  I'm using version
"2.81.5".