Re: Free cursor movement beyond the end of line

From: Daniel Herzig
Subject: Re: Free cursor movement beyond the end of line
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 08:16:51 +0000

<yegupov@gmail.com> writes:

Hello,

I recently discovered rectangle-mode -- maybe it does what you want.

If you hit C-x SPC at the end of your long line you can press "down" and
will land exactly in the column below. It will not place any whitespace at
the and of your short line. If you hit C-g then, the cursor lands at the
end of the short line.

Best regards,
Daniel