Re: Invalid face reference: nil [296 times]

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Invalid face reference: nil [296 times]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 01:11:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday, 9 March 2018 16:25:19 UTC+1, zhang cc  wrote:
> I see some error message in the *Message* buffer like this:
>
> Invalid face reference: nil [296 times]
>

> I don’t known when it was printed. I didn’t see it in minibuffer.
> Maybe there is a invalid face? Can the face name be printed?
> How to debug this?

Does it disappear if you turn font-lock globally off?

If so, turn it back on in buffer after buffer util it appears again.

Once you have found a buffer that triggers the problem, you can inspect the
font-lock rules to see if you find a bad face reference.

One way of doing this is to single-step the font-lock rules using
`font-lock-studio' (available from Melpa).

If font-lock isn't causing this, check if you have a custom setup for the mode
line, or anything else face-related in your init file.

    -- Anders