Re: General advice beyond Org

From: edgar
Subject: Re: General advice beyond Org
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 08:41:32 +0000

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 16:44:39 -1000
From: Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [O] General advice beyond Org

If your evaluation (and you need to do a careful evaluation of the
merits and demerits of both your approach and her approach) is that
it's better to go with what your adviser asks, then you should do so.
No, I wouldn't like it either. But I don't think (unlike RMS, perhaps)
that there are show-stopping moral or ethical issues here.

If your evaluation truly tells you that your way is best, then you
need to come up with a plan of action, with alternatives. I'd suggest
that a good enough evaluation could possibly sway your adviser.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you, Bob (I'm sorry for not knowing any Hawaiian other than aloha). I truly believe that my way is best (she likes track changes, but I am almost sure that has never tried Git, subversion, mercurial or anything like that). On the other hand, I really think that she is still not going to like it if I try to persuade her (I think that there was a previous student trying to use LaTeX, for instance, and she really dislikes it for some reason; I don't really know).

Message: 4