Re: General advice beyond Org

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: General advice beyond Org
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 06:58:08 -1000

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 9:10 PM,  <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> That doesn't mean to give up on one's position, nor to give up on
> convincing the "other" -- but it includes (and that's the painful
> part :-) accepting the possibility to be convinced by the "other".

And in fact there is another possibility: that you may /both/ be right
in your own individual ways; there may in fact not be a single
objective "right" way. Much as it pains me to say a Microsoft user
could be right--- it may be the best way for some people and some
tasks.

Now, we get into the question of someone /imposing/ their "right"
answer on someone else who has a different "right" answer ... and all
the questions in the long thread above return.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

Sent via Linux Mint 17.