Re: General advice beyond Org

From: edgar
Subject: Re: General advice beyond Org
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 04:23:43 +0000

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 06:58:08 -1000
From: Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 9:10 PM,  <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

That doesn't mean to give up on one's position, nor to give up on
convincing the "other" -- but it includes (and that's the painful
part :-) accepting the possibility to be convinced by the "other".

And in fact there is another possibility: that you may /both/ be right
in your own individual ways; there may in fact not be a single
objective "right" way. Much as it pains me to say a Microsoft user
could be right--- it may be the best way for some people and some
tasks.

I have one:
"Proprietary software rejects their thirst for knowledge: it says, “The knowledge you want is a secret—learning is forbidden!” Proprietary software is the enemy of the spirit of education, so it should not be tolerated in a school, except as an object for reverse engineering." [https://www.gnu.org/education/edu-schools.en.html]

Now, we get into the question of someone /imposing/ their "right"
answer on someone else who has a different "right" answer ... and all
the questions in the long thread above return.

Oh! The nice practice of achieving freedom by imposition! :)

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

Thanks, Bob. Aloha again!

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the
NSA's hands!
$24.95 ONETIME Lifetime accounts with Privacy Features! 15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas! Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!