RE: GUD GDB integration

From: Juan Rafael García Blanco
Subject: RE: GUD GDB integration
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 06:05:04 +0000

Thank you. I did not know about annotations.

> > If so, why is this approach better than writing event handlers using gdb's
> scheme interpreter?
>
> Not sure what you mean by that.  How would Emacs invoke the GDB's
> Guile interface?

Well, actually, gdb's guile/python interface would invoke Emacs back when
hitting a breakpoint, exception, ... I think it is a way to handle gdb events
synchronously, instead of reading and parsing gdb's output; but that would
require a connection from the guile part back to Emacs.

> > The context for this question is that I'm writing a gdb client, not for
> > emacs,
> that somehow resembles what gud does. So I wanted to know what gud
> does because it is widely used and it is known to work.
>
> You can look in gdb-mi.el to see the code which uses GDB/MI.
Thank you very much. I will look into that implementation. Thanks.

Gracias por su colaboracion.