Emacs configuration on Thinkpad running W10

From: Pascal Quesseveur
Subject: Emacs configuration on Thinkpad running W10
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 11:07:25 +0200

Hello,

I use Emacs 24.5.1 on a Thinkpad E570 running Windows 10. My TP has a
french keyboard with no Apps key.  On my previous computer I used Apps
key as the HYPER modifier and I was very happy with these settings:

#+BEGIN_SRC
(setq w32-pass-apps-to-system nil)
(setq w32-apps-modifier 'hyper)
(setq w32-pass-multimedia-buttons-to-system nil)

(global-set-key (kbd "H-a") 'some-function)
#+END_SRC

As there is a PrintScreen key on my keyboard on the right of the
Spacebar between AltGr and CtrlRight I tried to use it in place of
Apps. I run an AutoHotKey command to set PrintScreen key to send Apps:

#+BEGIN_SRC
$PrintScreen::Send {AppsKey}
#+END_SRC

It seems to work fine for Windows Explorer and other applications
(Firefox), but not in Emacs: when I hit Apps key nothing happens and
when I hit Apps + a, Emacs inserts a.

Do I have to change in my config to make it work?

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pquessev@gmail.com