Re: C-x h o in Rmail ?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: C-x h o in Rmail ?
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 16:18:07 +0200

> Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 16:54:30 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
> > Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 15:32:17 +0200
> > From: Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im>
> > CC: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> >
> > Eli, do you use Rmail ?
>
> Yes, all the time.

Ah ! There is one more.

> > Is this something you think could be useful for other people ?
>
> It could be, but only if one needs to output many messages at once.
> Otherwise, "C-u <number> o" does the job.  E.g., I use 'o' all the
> time, but never had a need for such a feature.

I do use `rmail-automatic-folder-directives' and friends. That's
perfect and it forces me to read each messages.

> That said, we have a lot of rarely used features in Rmail, so adding
> one more cannot possibly do any harm.

I agree. This is also why I switched from MUA to MUA (gnus, m4e,
notmuch, mh-e, etc..) Too many features that I rarely used.

There is one feature I'd like to see in Rmail: a kind of rmail-summary
conversation-like display -i.e. like M-C-t but with part of the
conversation instead of the repetition of subjects/topics.

Alex Schroeder wrote something like that some years ago but it just
doesn't work anymore. That would probably need some adaptations to run
in current Rmail version.

--
Xavier Maillard
e/j:xavier@maillard.im               w:www.maillard.im