Re: Emacs configuration on Thinkpad running W10

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Emacs configuration on Thinkpad running W10
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 07:31:29 -0400

On 6 June 2018 at 04:01, Pascal Quesseveur <pquessev@gmail.com> wrote:
>>"NP" == Noam Postavsky <npostavs@gmail.com> writes:
>
>   NP> and presumably the compatible version would be found in
>   NP> emacs-26-i686-deps.zip
>
> Actually I didn't get the difference between the two zips.

emacs-26.1-i686.zip has the contents of emacs-26-i686-deps.zip included,
emacs-26.1-i686-no-deps.zip does not.

https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/README:

  We also provide a set of optional dependencies, in
  emacs-25-x86_64-deps.zip or emacs-25-i686-deps.zip respectively,
  which provide Emacs with an number of additional capabilities. To
  add these, unpack them directly over the emacs directory structure.

  [...]

  In addition, as described, there is a separate dependency bundle
  providing support for many images formats, TLS, XML parsing and
  compression.