Re: on adding a function call to a s-exp

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: on adding a function call to a s-exp
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 10:00:10 -0700

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

> My main gripe with paredit is not that it forces structural integrity,
> it's that it doesn't force it completely: there are many situations
> where it becomes confused. Here's an example:
>
> "
> some string
> " "
> another string
> "

M-J (paredit-join-sexp) :)

Not that I actually disagree with you: my least favorite paredit
behavior is that if you kill sentence in a docstring, it will eat up a
closing double quote, and then you're unbalanced.

I can't imagine how much work it would be to catch all the possible
cases where the buffer could be left unbalanced, though...