Re: on adding a function call to a s-exp

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: on adding a function call to a s-exp
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 11:44:05 +0100

> FWIW (he ducks), I work with a Lispy language, Elisp ;-).  And I
> don't use any "structured-editing" feature (crutch / ball-&-chain)
> such as `paredit' or `electric-pair-mode'.  I'm non-electric all
> the way.
>
> To me, having an editor automatically insert a closing delimiter
> each time I type an opening delimiter is a bother, not an aid.

For the sake of improving electric-pair-mode, can you explain exactly
when/under what conditions it is a bother?

I'm asking because that's precisely what electric-pair-mode attempts: It
*doesn't* insert a closing delimiter "each time", only when it guesses
that it will not bother you.  If it is mis-guessing some situation I
would very much like to know about it.

João