Re: lispintro's original (Was: feature request)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: lispintro's original (Was: feature request)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:09:03 +0200

Van L wrote:

> Robert J. Chassell has worked with GNU Emacs
> since 1985. He writes and edits, teaches
> Emacs and Emacs Lisp, and speaks throughout
> the world on software freedom. Chassell was
> a founding Director and Treasurer of the Free
> Software Foundation, Inc. He is co-author of
> the @cite{Texinfo} manual, and has edited
> more than a dozen other books. He graduated
> from Cambridge University, in England. He has
> an abiding interest in social and economic
> history and flies his own airplane.

I've read one book on Emacs Lisp, so I bet that
was this one:

  * Chassell, Robert J. (2004). An introduction
    to Programming in Emacs Lisp. Boston:
    GNUpress. ISBN 1-882114-56-6. [1]

It also says: "He left the FSF to become
a full-time speaker on free software topics."
Full-time speaker on free software, ay?
Not many of those around what I've met! (RJC
died in 2017.)

These two URLs seem interesting:

    https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/goodbye-to-bob-chassell

    https://www.gnu.org/bulletins/bull1.txt