Re: Newline and copy above line's indentation

From: HASM
Subject: Re: Newline and copy above line's indentation
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 15:16:50 -0700

me> Emacs has a builtin AdaptiveFillMode, but
me> filladapt tends to do a better job.

eb> OK, and this cannot be brought to GNU Emacs
eb> because of incompatible licenses? What does
eb> XEmacs have? GNU Emacs has GNU GPL v3, right?

It may have to do with the underlying licenses, but (and I could be
completely off base here) I seem to remember something to the effect
that the author/copyright owner, didn't agree with the release form
required by GNU/FSF.

-- HASM