Re: Emacs for forums?

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Emacs for forums?
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 09:35:50 -1000

> Hmm, maybe. I tried a login, and account creation and login are possible
> already with EWW on Hacker News, though I don't know if posting can be
> done. Paul Graham sure saw me comin'.

I tried with w3m and posting is no problem. The site seems completely
usable. But of course using w3m or eww doesn't begin to address the
question of a unified interface through, say, gnus.

Now, it would be possible to write site-specific code to scrape HN,
interface to gnus, and later write back any comments to HN. I'm just
stating the obvious here. But that would be fragile to say the least,
and it would be different for each and every forum. Not a solution,
either.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i