Re: Flyspell difficult to configure, documentation not honest

From: Devin Prater
Subject: Re: Flyspell difficult to configure, documentation not honest
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 13:59:09 -0500

I agree, but there is only so much one can do with Emacs, but I do believe
Emacs does more with every brave coder that provides packages. Sure, not
everything works well with Emacspeak, but besides using Braille, Emacspeak
is the best program I use to read novels, email, write code, and browse
simple sites, with nov-mode, python-mode, gnus, org-mode, and eww, that I
have. For people that cannot use many of the mainstream programs, the TUI
of Emacs is a way for visually impaired, and those who have probably
visually seen it all and just want to get things done, to access computing.
This is why I always look for Emacs to take on more connectivity tasks:
accessing forums, social networks besides Twitter and Mastodon,
JavaScript+HTML5+web-app support, all that, because Emacs is the best
interface that blind users, with Emacspeak of course, have, well until a
Braille computing system that is modern is created.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile