Re: Fwd: C-[ is undefined

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: Fwd: C-[ is undefined
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 18:17:52 -0600

Hi Ben

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 6:38 AM, Ben Bacarisse <ben.lists@bsb.me.uk> wrote:
> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted to gnu.emacs.help as well.
>
> Michael Brand <michael.ch.brand@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> There seems to be no answer yet but I am still stuck and would
>> appreciate any help to get further.
>
> I'll make a remark, not sure if it will help...

Did you try? For me it is not the same which is what I wanted to say
in the first place.

> and not anything to do with a Meta modifier.

What do you mean by this when ~C-[ t~ is the same as ~M-t~? I expected
that ~C-x @ c [ t~ to be the same as ~C-[ t~ which is the same as
~M-t~.

> C-x @ m [ would generate M-[.

Not for me. ~C-x @ m [~ results in "M-[ is undefined" but ~M-[~ waits
for more input (only when in Viper mode). So it looks like the same
issue. Anyway, you can discard as it is not what I am after at the
moment.

>> Long story: With the help of key-chord-mode I started to use two
>> simultaneously pressed normal keys to get the control modifier:
>
> I don't know anything about that mode so I'll leave the rest to others.

The "long story" is only mentioned to understand why I want to use
event-apply-control-modifier. The insanely looking minimal complete
example to substitute my use case is just ~C-x @ c [ t~ to get ~M-t~,
~C-x @ c [ u~ to get ~M-u~ and so on.

(Please CC me as I am not subscribed to this list.)

Michael