Font controls for org mode

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Font controls for org mode
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 15:03:27 -0800

Using GNU Emacs 25.3.2 on Ubuntu Linux 16.04

I've created a test .org document and successfully exported to
LibreOffice Writer in OpenDocumentText (.odt) format. All text is
exported as Times New Roman.

Two questions about which I'm sure I'd be edified if pointers or
URLs are given to discussions and keywords - or variable names:

1: How might I change the exported text format to (for instance)
verdana?

2: Is there a way to selectively control blocks of text for font
size or font family in the same way as one does *bold*? I.E.
appropriate markdowns.

Thanks
--
Tim Johnson