Re: Warning (bytecomp): ‘((symbol-function (quote message)) (symbol-func

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Warning (bytecomp): ‘((symbol-function (quote message)) (symbol-function (quote ignore)))’ is a malformed function
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 22:33:39 +0200

On Wed, Aug 01 2018, J. David Boyd wrote:
Starting yesterday, I see this warning in my Emacs when I start. I've
started with 'emacs --debug-init', but get no errors.

It looks like it is happening when byte compiling something on the fly. I have made no changes to any of my configs, but I have updated from melpa.

How do I track this down and get rid of it? I don't see any flag for Emacs
like --debug-warning or anything.  Ideas please?

Perhaps do a recursive grep (with whatever grepper you prefer) through the ELPA directory for "symbol-function"? Not guaranteed to work because the code may be generated on the fly, of course, but worth a shot.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments