Re: How to get the concated characters in Indic languages like Gujarati/

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: How to get the concated characters in Indic languages like Gujarati/Hindi?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 13:52:37 -0400

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 1:29 PM Andy Moreton <andrewjmoreton@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Try something like:
>
>   (set-fontset-font "fontset-default" 'gujarati "Lohit Gujarati")

That's perfect! Thank you.

I downloaded couple of Gujarati fonts from here:
http://www.lipikaar.com/support/download-unicode-fonts-for-gujarati, and
was successfully able to switch through them.

Note to self: From C-h f set-fontset-font, TARGET is what's being set to
'gujarati here.

> TARGET may be a script symbol.  In that case, use FONT-SPEC for
> all the characters that belong to the script.  See the variable
> ‘script-representative-chars’ for the list of known scripts.

So to get a list of valid scripts/languages:

(message "%S"
         (mapcar (lambda (lst) (car lst)) script-representative-chars))
--

Kaushal Modi