Re: Importing an ical event to org

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Importing an ical event to org
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 14:41:01 +0100

On Saturday, 18 Aug 2018 at 17:21, Tomas Nordin wrote:
> Hello List
>
> I was wondering if somebody would like to share a nice method to import
> an ical event.

A while back, I wrote an awk script which translates a vcalendar entry
to org.  You can find (a version of) the script on the worg site:

    https://orgmode.org/worg/code/awk/ical2org.awk

As an aside, note that the security certificate for this site expired
yesterday so you may have issues accessing the site.

I use this script daily to download and convert Google and Outlook
calendars, both exported as ICS files.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.1.13 on Debian buster/sid